Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Playing Around with Hexographer

I just started toying around with Hexographer -- I've decided I love it, so I went ahead and bought the pay-version (the free version gets me everything I need, frankly, but I try to support products I like and plan to use). It's got a short learning curve and it felt pretty intuitive to me. Just for fun I redid my West Kingdom campaign map, which looks like this using Hexographer (and a little bit of Microsoft's Picture It! photo-editing program).


And a close-up of the hexes immediately surrounding Fairbrook.



8 comments:

  1. I'm also a huge fan and have used it for the Yendo and Stonehell maps. What is the Picture It! program? Haven't heard of that one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Picture it!" is an old, photo-editing program that used to come free with certain older editions of windows (that's how I got it). It still is for me the the most intuitive and user-friendly photo-editing program I've ever come across. Unfortunately it does have some compatibility issues with Windows 8, but I can still manage to make it do (most of) the things I want it to do. I have read that certain versions of PI are fully compatible with Windows 8 (just not my particular version of PI), and I'm thinking of trying to pick up a used one to try it out.

      Delete
  2. So my character is going to toss back waaay too many pints at the Northstar Inn, then stumble over to the Blackwell ruins in the middle of the night. What's the worst that can happen? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If your character starts throwing back pints at the Northstar, he'll be dragging himself on his belly to the ruins, not stumbling (that dwarven ale is some strong stuff!). A whole new meaning for the term "dungeon crawl."

      Delete
  3. That looks great Chris. I really like how clean it is. I want to roll some dice in that world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. Be careful what you wish for though. :)

      Delete