Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

ORIGINS: Tunnels and Trolls Solo Loot

My day-trip to Origins was my first outing to a convention or game fair since the 1980's (the last time Origins was in Baltimore, I believe that was). All in all quite a fun day. It was the first time I can recall being in a place where you could overhear terms like "sonic screwdriver" and "bag of holding" in casual conversation. Very cool.

Since I've been spending like a drunken sailor on minis and terrain lately for my WWII project, I held myself to a spending limit and, in addition to a few small WWII games I picked up, I only bought a couple of T&T solo modules – "A Sworded Adventure" and "A Traveler's Tale" – both of which I'm very much looking forward to playing.


However, the BEST part of day was that Ken St. Andre was actually there at the stand when I bought them, so I got to meet him, and he kindly autographed the modules for me. I've read on other blogs how friendly Ken St. Andre is, and I have to say that it really is true. Everyone I met at Origins was friendly, but Ken was tops. Meeting him was the highlight of my day at Origins, and I was very excited to get the chance just to make some gaming small-talk with him for a few minutes and shake his hand.


9 comments:

  1. Oh man, I just added another booth. Heading there tomorrow Bard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Hope you get to meet Ken! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good loot, now on my way over to see WW2 loot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a blast from the past. One member of our group used to run, a Tunnels and Trolls world for us. I always remembered them as fun games. I'm sure its been close to 25 years since we've played. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat stuff. I wish I'd had more time to spend in the hall, but it seems like the bulk of the time not in events, I spent at the Paradigm Concepts booth. Gonna review their new fantasy RPG once I can get through the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken St. Andre. Now there´s a great game designer, right there. Almost jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Havn't heard T&T in ages. Blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ken St. Andre really is a treasure - what a class act.

    ReplyDelete