Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

BX Combined Rule Book Printed and Bound

Just put this together this morning.


I had printed the pages long ago, but had never bothered to bind them. Talking with +Gothridge Manor  and +Rob Conley  recently about BX Essentials (which I also have now and which I think is a great publication) got me thinking I should get off the pot and bind those pages up.


The sections are integrated (Basic Part 1, followed by Expert Part 1, followed by Basic Part 2, then Expert Part 2, etc.), as per the suggestion on p. B3, though obviously without cutting up my original books!



7 comments:

  1. Someone had done this and made up a nice glossy black cover. I have one. It’s awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that cover, and it's extremely well done. I actually a downloaded copy of it. If I ever decide to take the plunge and have a "real" printed version done on Lulu or something, I'll probably use it.

      Delete
    2. Is that the "people them with monsters" cover? I looked at the pdf and it seems to have a grey background with black squares around the text, so I'm not sure how it would print.

      Delete
    3. It's just a black and white edited image of the Moldvay "purple box" cover.

      Delete
  2. I did a similar thing but went all in by copy and pasting the text, combining it, and then formating in publisher. I have some pictures on my blog.

    http://perilandplunder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty big undertaking (I did that with OD&D, though I didn't combine it -- I just didn't like the art and layout in the original books and wanted a "clean" copy). Sounds very cool!

      Delete