Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Origins Revisited: Stand-Up Guy (and I'm a Bit of a Heel)

After I whined about a game I was supposed to play in at Origins that didn't run, I learned the GM actually had a really good reason for his absence (a horrible airport experience that prevented him from arriving at Origins at all). Being a stand-up guy, he apologized publicly for it on his blog. I feel like a bit of a heel now, so I want to apologize for complaining since airline issues are obviously not the GM's fault. I've had them myself. I know what they're like. Now I'm just sorry the GM didn't get to make it to Origins at all. Turns out I had a better experience than he did. I should really count my blessings instead of grumbling.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think you were that bad. I read it that you were more disappointed you couldn't play in the game you were most looking forward to than assigning blame. We need to get our game on again Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all let our emotions get the better of us at times. A public "my bad" takes integrity, though.

    ReplyDelete