Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Adventure Sound Bites

I haven't been noting sound bites in the sessions where I'm GM, for fear of slowing the game while taking down quotes. However the other Ubergoobers encouraged me to do it anyway last night as we ran our fourth Ephemera session, and jotting down the odd phrase here and there really didn't disrupt the game. So without further delay, here are last night's clips...

*****

Player A: I  am a mage.
Player B: We're all mages, ding-dong.

(There were three PCs in the party, all magic-users.)

*****

Player A: Quick, close the door again!
Player B: And which side of it do you want to be on when we do?

*****

"What did you do? Swallow a mouthful of Gygax?"

(One player was employing a rather large number of cumbersome, hard-to-understand words like "tangentially" and "crepuscule" and "antidisestablishmentarianism." Not those words, exactly, but you get the idea. The others thought he was channelling Gary.) 

*****

While Egbert is stroking himself, I'll tie up the dwarves.

(Nowhere near as dirty in reality as it sounds out of context.)

*****

You want the hut for free, but the previous owners were incontinent.

*****

I use the anatomically correct mini to point out where the dark dwarf touched me...

He touched my rod of lordly might.

*****

I get bitch-slapped by a linen golem, and you're  playing Santa Claus?!

*****


4 comments:

  1. I think one of my favorite last night also was...

    Hey, I've got a 7 Charisma, good thing I don't have a 3 Charisma.

    If there is anyone who can pull off a 3 Charisma, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I missed writing that one down.

      Delete
  2. Ubergoober is a type of humanoid from Fiend Folio isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah. Sometimes I think we're actually more like "Untergoobers."

      Delete