Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Adventure Sound Bites

Ken (The Rusty Battleaxe) ran another excellent session last night. The Ubergoobers explored more of Montporte and a great time was had by all. Demons were slain – we seem to be getting into some seriously dangerous territory – and a quest was conferred – "Revenge, Recall, Redeem."

Such danger and gravity breed the need for comic relief. As I have the lowest brow in the group, I take notes on those moments, and post them here at the Clash for your entertainment.

"We all agree, yours is the biggest."

"And that's why you don't use glow-in-the-dark dice."

"Pretty soon, we're gonna start rolling sex dice." (That's an XCKD reference. – ed.)

"It is throbbing mightily."

P: "Are they wearing pants?"
GM: "Nope, just belts."

"New spell component: Demon stones."

GM: "You hear demon wind."
P: "At least we don't smell it."

P1: "Your golem shrank in the wash."
P2: "And now I can't touch him again."

On another note, Dante (my PC) has learned to really have fun with the "Burning Hands" spell. Here is Dante's new theme song:


Burn baby burn! Burn that mother down!

If Dante has his way, every tavern within a 50-mile radius of Monteporte will play this song each time he walks in the door.

11 comments:

  1. hehe, I think we need a party theme song. Last night was a lot of fun. And surprisingly not too dirty. There is always next time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A party theme song is definitely needed. We have to start making a list of options.

      Delete
  2. Is there drinking during these sessions? 'Cause it seems like there's drinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I don't think there is any drinking involved (I can only speak for myself, as we are using a VTT, but I think we are all sober). Just good wholesome clean fun.

      Delete
    2. Based on the things we say, you'd think there was. But as far as I know we're all sober. We may be nuts, but we're sober.

      Delete
    3. I drink my ice tea in my Zombie Brew mug and get drunk off of the game. I'm a cheap date.

      Delete
  3. I had headphones on last night, and so did Tim, so I didn't get to hear any of these. You guys are funny. And now, you have a theme song. Good god, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing headphones seems like a good plan. Our sessions can be unsettling for bystanders.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, you never know how much emotional scarring an out-of-context remark can leave.

      Delete
  4. "Burn that mother down." They don't write `em like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete