Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year – And Some Resolutions

A slightly belated Happy New Year to everyone!

 The New Year began. And there was much rejoicing.

While I'm not normally into the practice New Year's resolutions, I'm going to make some this year.

The year 2012 ground to a bad end for me. Not tragically or catastrophically; just not fun. Work turned into an avalanche the last several months, and nearly all my non-work activities came to a halt. I did manage to keep my West Kingdom PbB game going, but I've only done that by the skin of my teeth. No blogging, no painting, and rarely time to even glance at the blogs I usually haunt. The downside is that 2013 is likely to begin in the same way.

Which of course has me in a bit of a funk. All work and no play...

So a couple of simple, realistic New Year's resolutions to try and ensure that I stop and smell the gaming and blogging roses from time to time:

1. Make time at least once a week to read blogs, no matter what else is going on.
2. Make time at least once a week to paint.
3. Make at least one blog post per month (ideally both here and on my WWII blog)

I think maintaining these three very reasonable resolutions may go a long way toward getting a bit more pleasure out of life than I have done recently. Fingers crossed!  

5 comments:

  1. A belated happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Good luck with your resolutions. I know what you mean when you say its hard to find time to paint, post and read blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you post and Happy Belated 2013 - though I keep wanting to type 2012. Anyhow, here here to your resolutions. And here, here to having more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back Bard. I hit a similar situation at my work at the end of the year. Glad to have you back and look forward to you minis and posts.

    ReplyDelete